Monday, August 10, 2009

Am I happy?

I am sure am happy to receive gifts from anybody but what if you don't like the gifts? Will you wear it, will you pretend to like it? I am a very simple person who likes anything black, simple and nice. My baju raya this year is yellow in color which is not my first choice but Fauzy likes it and being married you have to -try- to like what your partner likes. So I went along with it and bought it. It wasn't really my insecurities that prevents me from choosing the colors. It is what I am. What I like. What I prefer. I do think that I act differently in front of family members. It wasn't like I wanted to pretend to be someone else. It's just that I'm trying to not severe the relationship that's going to be - ermm.. forever? You can't just break family-ties. My friends see me as outspoken, happy and energetic person -so I've been told. :P But when it comes to family, I'm more reserved, complying and quiet. I just didn't know how to mingle with the elders or with a person who has a different mind-set than me. It's my lost not theirs.

Me, being complying and quiet, maybe that's why Fauzy's family likes me. Or maybe they love Fauzy and had to deal with me. LOL! Either way, his mom is being really generous towards me and I'm having a really hard time to repay it. Every week, she'll packed us fish, fruits, snacks, toys, clothes for Zhafran and the list goes on and on.. I am very grateful for what I have - happy family and we eat really well. :P I feel happy that I am accepted into the family. On one fine night, after we had dinner (It was last Saturday - Aug 8). His mom suddenly gave me a necklace, a bracelet and an ankle bracelet in out of the blue. I was dumbfounded by it and couldn't response well. Being a moron is my speciality these days. :P I know I should be happy since the gold price isn't cheap these days. But my concerns are do I have to wear it everytime? Or do I have pretend to like it? Am I an ungrateful brat who doesn't appreciate gifts? I know many girls wanted to switch place with me now. Am I a fool? Or am I just over-think on stuff... again?

No comments:

Post a Comment