Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sahur @ Seri Melayu

Finally, we did carry out our plan to have sahur (late supper/early morning breakfast) at Seri Melayu. It was Helme's crazy idea. He saw the Seri Melayu banner and quickly suggested to have the get together. Only 6 people came to the session; Me, Helme, Oche, Famy, Un and Husein. For RM25 we get Nasi Lemah, Bubur nasi, Mee Rebus, Sup Tulang, Nasi Campur and variety of lauk. We came at approximately 12 a.m. and end up staying till 4 a.m. Hehe! I tasted nearly every dish on the table. The hottest item on the table had to be the Sup tulang, loved by Husein and Un. They got themselves a few bowls and it tasted better wih bread. The food was generally good. I see that few chefs do cook during that time so I don't think it's a leftover food from Berbuka earlier. Ha-ha!

I personally think it's a great idea. It's more like hangout with friends late at night, having a good conversations and basically enjoy life. Since I am on-call this week, I had to bring my precious laptop in case I receive a call. Thankfully I didn't although there were a few schedule change that night. The downturn is, I had to wake up early in the morning to assist on the delayed changes. I bet they're -still- having a good morning sleep till late after noon. LOL!

Seri Melayu doesn't require reservation for sahur session as the crowd wasn't that much. According to one of the staff, this is the first time that Seri Melayu held such event. There were actually very slow nights during the first 2 weeks of Ramadhan. Now, I see that the crowd is quite good. Some even came when it rains heavily. ;)

We part ways when the rain started to go wild. We were starting to miss our bed terribly and call it a night. Ha-ha! Hopefully we're going to have more sahur get together next year! :D

No. 1 Jalan Conlay, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Reservations: 03 - 2145 1833
Fax: 03-2145 1755

You can find the map here. ;)

**Sorry no pictures, out of battery :P **

No comments:

Post a Comment