Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ramadhan Buffet @ Chinoz on the Park

Our audit turned out a success which is a relief to the team. So my boss decided to have berbuka puasa session combining 3 groups; NAS, PCMS and Net Sec. A few couldn't make it so only 10 people attended the session. Since this week is the last week before Raya, we're in a rush as time constraints and most of the Ramadhan buffet are fully booked. So we opt to Chinoz on the park instead since it's within vicinity and they have wireless, in case someone needed to be online at that hour.

I managed to reach there minutes after berbuka. The ambience was great but that's all. It cost us RM79 Nett for the buffet and there aren't variety of choices to choose from. The "lauk" (malay dish area), there are only 10 dishes and 2 of them are tempe masak merah and telur rebus (boiled egg) masak merah which is relatively cheap and the fact that 1 large fish to cater 40+ of people (at a time) seems to be ridiculous. Sadly, I had the worst spaghetti ever. It's vegetarian and the sauce is made of tomato puree and GARLIC. I like garlic but I'm not crazy bout it. They've put in 3 handful cloves of roast garlic - which I thought it was the mushroom at first. The garlic taste is so over powering and I hated the dish! All you taste was garlic! Even the tomato taste fades away. I love sushi but they only served 3 types of sushi which is very limited - really slow in topping that up too. As for the western area, apart from Spaghetti, I find the beef and lamb was ok. I liked the sauce and gravy. Still, the taste isn't to die for. You can find the same flavour at other restaurants. The desert was not much but they're ok - choc mousse was good - although they did served fruit cocktail from the can.

I am not satisfied with the services either. We requested for cold drinks and it took us 20 mins to get that. I even have to request the waiters to clean up the plates. The part that was ok is when it's time to pay. At least they have the decency to expedite the process. I won't ever organize any dinner, berbuka puasa nor having casual lunch there. The experience was very unpleasant!

Though there's one funny story to share. While waiting to break fast, Fifi did caught a guy doing something really funny. He was with his friends - 3 caucasians and a chinese guy. The Malay guy actually say his break fast prayer out loud and drink a big cold Carlsberg beer. We were speechless to hear that and we burst out laughing. Well, that's between him and God. Nuff said.

Buffet - RM79/pax (nett)

So, here's the verdict:

Food: D
Service: C
Price: E
*This verdict is the compared price to other berbuka puasa buffet price.
Food Portion: C
Ambience: A
Overall: E - It's all about the food..

Rating System:
A : Recommended
B : Worth A Visit
C : Average
D : Below Average
E : Waste Of "Hard-Earned" Money. Seriously, I'm Not Kidding!

Chinoz on the Park
Esplanade (G47), KLCC.
Tel: 603-2166 8277

3 comments:

  1. Actually, we had a great time at chinoz berbuka puasa. The ambiance was great and the food quality was good. As for the fish, you may not have noticed but they replenish the fish each time it is finished....so there is more than one fish! Funny that you requested for drinks.....don't you get your own drinks in a buffet?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam kak aisyah...
    akak ni blaja unikl mfi ke dlu?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they did served Bandung and a juice - couldn't remember the name - hehe! After having too much desert and drinks. We need something to cool off the sweetness and order up cold drinks. :)

    I went there twice to get the fish and dissapointed on both times. I talked to my colleague and he confirms that they do top up the fish - maybe they weren't alert on it or it's just not my luck. ;p I personally think, they should have at least have 3-4 fishes ready for customers. Serving only a fish at a time is just not right.

    Good to know that you had a great time there. Unfortunately for me, been there twice and both were unpleasant. Again - luck may not be on my side on both days - I guess. Haha! ;D It's very pricy to pay for the ambience and not the food. I could just seat on the bench in front of the water fountain and eating McD to get the same "ambience". ;)

    Arfah - Yezza! :D Add me on facebook.. :)

    ReplyDelete