Saturday, September 5, 2009

Berbuka puasa @ Tupai Tupai Restaurant & Café

We just had our berbuka puasa organized by Fahmy at Tupai Tupai. It has ample parking space but I don't think it can accommodate more than 30 cars. It was packed with people. The staff who was guarding the entrance told us that, there were >300 people that night. I went there once before so I got a good look of the place. It was on lunch hours and they served a really good Malay cuisine. It wasn't pricey though it wasn't cheap either. Ha-ha! I think I had a good price. :)

OK, back to our berbuka puasa, they served a variety of food; Malay, Chinese and Western. I love buffet style but I don't know why I didn't eat much that night. Maybe when you're fasting, it's easy for you to get full or it wasn't just my day. :) The nasi campur was good although I couldn't say the same thing to the Spaghetti bolognaise and the Assam Laksa. I was craving for Spaghetti so I had to have a try on it. The spaghetti sauce wasn't good at all. It seems like it has been cook and reheat for several days. Then, my colleague asked me to try the Assam Laksa. Fauzy helped me getting the dish and I asked him to put in extra gravy on it. Well, he did put 1 thing extra alright. ;P The infamous chilli padi and makes it unbearable. Ha-ha! After that, I don't have a stomach for anything.

Zhafran was having a mild fever and thankfully a lot of uncles and aunties hold him throughout dinner. He was a bit mellow and quiet. I couldn't really walk or eat when Zhafran is around. He can't seat in the baby seat yet so I only eat when someone wants to hold him. Ahh.. That's alright. I still have fun chatting and eating with my colleagues. :)

Oh yeah! One more thing, there's a warning sign. Ha-ha! Be careful! :P
"Perhatian: Pembaziran melebihi 100gm akan dikenakan bayaran RM10/100gm" (Notice: Wastage more than 100gm will be charged RM10/100gm)

Buffet - RM46/pax

So, here's the verdict:

Food: B
Service: B
Price: B (Depends on how much you can eat)
*This verdict is the compared price to other berbuka puasa buffet price.
Food Portion: A
Ambience: B
Overall: B+

Rating System:
A : Recommended
B : Worth A Visit
C : Average
D : Below Average
E : Waste Of "Hard-Earned" Money. Seriously, I'm Not Kidding!

Tupai Tupai Restaurant & Café
No. 551A, Jalan Bukit Petaling
50460 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : 03-2143 2525



**Credit to Fahmy. My camera broke down after only 1 year of service. :( **

1 comment:

  1. Membazir itu adalah amalan Syaiton Nirojim...

    ReplyDelete