Thursday, May 19, 2011

Where to find Buttermilk in KL?

Most recipes that I found over the net is using Buttermilk as one of the main ingredient. I went to Bake with Yen Puchong and they didn't have it at their store. Being new to baking world, I was disapointed.

Luckily, I dropped by at Tesco Puchong and here they are standing just besides cartons of milk waiting for me to pick up! I'm so happy with it!

The next day, I wanted to find a baking pan for the leftovers cupcake batter. We found another shop, Edible Food Sdn Bhd located at Sri Petaling. It's so near to my place. Which to my surprise, they also have Buttermilk in their fridge!

If the places that I mentioned is far from your place, you can make your own Buttermilk subsitute.

Ingredient:
All you need is Milk (just under 1 cup) and 1 Tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice.

Preparation:
1. Pour white vinegar or lemon juice into a measuring cup
2. Add enough milk to make 1 cup line
3. Leave it for 5 minutes. Use as much as your recipe calls for.

Tried this before and it works wonders! :)



Paul's Buttermilk


No comments:

Post a Comment