Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Spaghetti Farm @ Mid Valley

I love spaghetti. I just couldn't resist having spaghetti at any time on any day. I just love the home made spaghetti beef bolognese. I could finish the whole pot of it. Well, that's describe a little bit about my craziness towards spaghetti. Ha-ha!

Me and Fauzy went to Mid Valley to get Zhafran's 'free' pampers from Toy's 'R' Us and decided to have lunch there and once we saw the restaurant - The Spaghetti Farm, we know that's what we wanted to have. I was so excited as it's my favourite food. The tag line - Wholesome Italian Meal is just engaging and I was gladly to give it a try. The restaurant is nice, comfy and the service is not bad either. However, I can't say the same to the food - except for the mushroom soup which was nice.

We didn't wait for too long to have our pasta (which is a plus) but I was disapointed just by looking at it. It was served in a bowl, well that's the first in a restaurant. :) I've no complain on that though as I do eat my spaghetti a bowl at home. The visual presentation of the Spaghetti Beef Bolognese is just ee-yew. It's "sticky" which was overcooked and it has an unpleasant smell too. The sauce wasn't good either. It tasted like it was only cooked with maggi tomato sauce and added beef into it. That's all! I didn't even finish my food and I hated that. Then, I looked over to Fauzy's Carbonara dish and have it a try. It looks nice though (like the normal ones) but the taste is bland. It should have a creamy feeling to it but it was nothing. I tried to add cheese to it but still, nothing. It's a great idea to have such restaurant as many people loves Spaghetti. It's a simple dish and usually it is hard to not make it right. It is mostly disapointing because of it is their signature dish. You can not go wrong with that. That shows the whole concept of your restaurant.

I've had an authentic Italian food as I travel around a lot but this is not any near to the authentic Italian at all.

Spaghetti Beef Bolognese *Value meal + Coke + Mushroom soup
Carbonara *A la carte
=RM20.80 *Not sure why the waiter took our receipt when he found out the cashier wrongly key in the the table no. I should've took it back :P Oh well..

Food: D
Service: B *There was a mixed up on the table no but that's alright.
Price: B *OK price and the value meal is just great
Food Portion: B
Ambience: B
Overall: D *All about the food

The Spaghetti Farm,
Mid Valley
Check out their webby for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment