Monday, October 12, 2009

Butterfingers @ Istana Budaya

I was driving my car and listening to music. Then, I realized that most of my songs are from the my favourite band of all time - Butterfingers. I long for their three-chord, angst-ridden, grungy material. I know they moved on - being matured and the current musical growth. I need to feel like when I first felt their music. It was surreal, heart-wrenching and happiness at the same time.

When I heard they announced that they will play four final show before long hiatus, I know I had to be there and I was there. Being 9 months pregnant with Zhafran and actually having contraction just a few hours after the show and delivered 24 hours later. It's one of the best memories in my life. The staff was great, they gave me and Fauzy a chair to sit. It's a clear view and I enjoyed every minutes of it. Little that I know, they only performed songs for the new album so I wasn't follow nor know the song choices. I was hoping they performed my favourite songs. But I think that's alright, I know they will perform again and I know that I will be there with Zhafran. :)

When I think of Butterfingers, all I have was good memories and great life as a teenagers. I've been listening to Sober for 11 years now. Not once I could get over it. The tune still lingers in my head and has been a good companion throughout my sad, sorrow and happiness in life. Thank you for the wonderful songs. It has been a great pleasure of being one of the fans. Kudos to the line up. Long live the Butters!

No comments:

Post a Comment