Saturday, October 17, 2009

Italiannies @ One Utama

We went to One Utama hoping to find a dinner dress pour moi but after a loooong window shopping we decided to have a bite. While cruising along, we stumble upon a restaurant called Italiannies and decided to check out the place. The ambience was good too and we chose to sit just beside the window that's next to the bar. Complimentary bread slices was served before we place our order. I love the aromatic dip - tuscany olive oil and vinegar. It's a great for starters.

We were both starving at that time. We have chosen out California Shrimp Salad, Spaghetti Meatball, Roasted Chicken Italiannies, Ice Lemon Tea and warm water. The waiter actually did remind us that the portion is made for 2 but I was sceptical bout it and just went along ordering it. Little that I know, - well I knew, maybe just a little stubborn - the spaghetti was huge. 2 huge meatballs are all I can see on the plate. Fauzy wasn't digging the spaghetti taste that much, according to him - the meatballs are saltier for his liking. Personally, I find it just nice. As for the salad entry, I'm loving the shrimp and the fresh salad. I do eat vege for side dish but never a course meal. He-he! It's a well-seasoned grilled shrimp, mangoes, oranges, tomatoes and cream cheese with baby spinach and romaine lettuce, tossed with orange vinaigrette dressing are just amazing. Maybe I should change my eating habit once in a while. Ha-ha! As for the third dish, we had a Roasted Chicken Italiannies and frankly I chose it for the pictures and the name. LOL! If it's named after the restaurant, I bet it must be their signature dish. So we took on the challenge and was satisfied by it. It a chicken roasted with peppers, pepperoncini and rosemary potatoes are just nice. I wish it's spicier than it was to give a certain kick over the meal. Overall I was satisfied with the food and the service. Although there were a minor 'accident' made by the bar tender. He was trying to make a milk shake - well it looks like it - and accidentally knock over the tower glass and managed to catch one of them while another just fell off to the floor. He kept on apologizing to us but I wasn't really bothered by it so that was okay. I can sense it was coming as he was showing off his skill and suddenly loose his balance. Ha-ha!

It was the first and I hope won't be the last time to dine in there. I had a pleasant evening and hope so do you. :)

Reminder: The portion is made for 2-3 persons. Choose your food wisely or else you can always da-pao it later. :P
California Shrimp Salad RM25.90
Roasted Chicken Italiannies RM38.90
Spaghetti Meatballs RM30.90
Ice Lemon Tea (bottomless) RM6.80
5% Gov Tax and 10% Srv Charge INCLUDED

Food: A-
Service: B+ *Attentive but he's just ermm.. weird.. I guess..
Price: B+ * I guess the price is okay considering the ambience and the type of restaurant
Food Portion: A
Ambience: B +
Overall: B+

F355/356/357, 1st Floor Rainforest, 1Utama
47800 Lebuh Bandar Utama
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Reservation - Tel: +603 - 7729 4822
Check out their webby for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment