Sunday, October 11, 2009

ExxonMobil Community Project 2009

ExxonMobil believes in giving back to the community, not in monetary basis but involving our people into the underprivileged lives. This year I am fortunate enough to able to join into 3 activities which are organized by Drilling, HR and IT departments.

The first event for me is the Car Wash. Last year I joined the same activities and had a lot of fun! So this year, I would never missed out such opportunity. I was placed in the 3rd shift and I knew no one in my group. I am glad however that I see few familiar faces when the time came. According to Harlina, about 40 coupons was sold and we're expecting 50+ cars queuing up throughout the day. I was disappointed at all. Since I have experience the chaos last year, most of the issues are predictable. I had a lot of fun and doing good deeds along the way is just great! :)

The Drilling department has chosen Asrama Damai situated in Kuang Selangor, which is not far from KL. We took 2 buses and we reached there by 8:30 a.m. The facilities are far better than what I expected and it all came from the kind souls. Yes, no government sector sponsored the home and according to the Pengetua, he never writes any letter requesting for donation. I've been assigned as a 'cleaner' and stationed at the Girls dormitory. I am glad that I got the task. Hehe! The room was clean and only needed the windows and the floor to be cleaned. EM has provided new cupboards, shoe racks, bedsheets, paints, matresses and a lot more. I can see a pure joy from the children when they see the bedsheets. Especially the girls. :)

I was hard work when we went helping the other teams. I can see the teams that are in-charged of the store and kitchen had a very hard time fulfilling the task. There were tonnes of foods donated by the people and most of them are past expiration date. The good people actually sorted them out and re-arrange the items accordingly. It was not easy. It requires team work, hard work, determination to make this happen. I was exhausted by the end of the day. The drilling, production and operation team are so welcoming and never once that I feel left out. Thanks for the opportunity. ;0

The last but not least was today's event. We went to Awana Genting and it was organized by none other - EMIT. I was very excited when they decided to change the venue from Bukit Sentosa to Genting. Most of the families that was selected hasn't even step out of KL before. I heard, some other organization throw a similar event to Taman Titiwangsa and they loving each seconds of it. I didn't know what to expect nor to react as I am well known of being "not good" handling children and elderly. Ha-ha! To my surprise, everything works out like a charm. I was teamed in Group Alpha leading by Raj. I am very happy to be within among my friends. However, they divided us into smaller groups and I was in a group with Fiza, Jeya and 5 other mothers. Since safety playing a big role in EM, it's hard to ignore that one of the mothers are pregnant. Me and Fiza are so concerned bout it. She takes good care of herself although I keep on reminding her of being safe all the time. I was so happy to be in the group and so proud by the enthusiasm shown by the mothers. They work and think like a team. We completed every tasks with no sweats at all.

I love the food served by Awana. Truly shows that we care and really want to entertain our guest. Seeing people enjoying their food and happily chatting with one another really brings out the true objective of the event.
Kudos to the committee for their effort, the time that they spent and I am so proud on how they put in their souls in it. I am so happy being apart of it and hoping there'll be another great events from Community Project.

**Will upload pictures later.. Right now, the bed is keep on calling me and I don't want to hurt its feeling.. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment