Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lunch @ Selera Rimba, Sajian Ala Banjar & Jawa

Last week, I heard about exotic food being served at a restaurant not too far from KL. I was so eager to try it out and was trying to sell the idea hard to our makan2 team. I think there's no better way than to try it out myself first. Me, Fauzy, Jiejah (my sister) and Zhafran started our journey at 12 and reach there at 1:30 p.m. It was just beside the main road and it's located far deep inside felda. About 35km~ from the Felda Kg Soeharto sign board so be sure to have your tank checked and you can expect beautiful scenery along the way.

The restaurant isn't as pack as I imagine it would be. My first impression was it's small but the interior is just nice and clean. They have variety of kampung (village) style food served for you to choose but I'm eyeing for the exotic ones so we have to order them separately. You just need to say it out loud what you want and the servers are helpful in suggesting the signature dish and favourite items. They don't have it on menu but they can custom made it for you. Our main menu is Landak (porcupine) Masak Lemak Cili Padi - a real spicy entry indeed. Then, we were intrigue to taste Rusa (deer) masak kicap and Baung (fish) masak cili so we picked them out as well. These are hard to get items even in Malaysia. We want to add something close to us such as Ayam (chicken) and Udang (prawn) goreng berempah into our menu. Last but not least my favourite ulam and definitely sambal tempoyak for me.

I enjoy a lot the authentic taste of the dishes and the spicy taste is just right for the dish. Landak (porcupine) taste is a bit unfamiliar to me. The meat is a little hard than what I expected and rusa (deer) meat has a strong smell to it. However it does blend well with the sauce. We finish our plate with a smile on our face. Love it.

On our way home, we stopped by at a Kelapa Pandan (Coconut juice) stall for RM2.50 per packet. It was refereshing and really nice.

Overall, it was a good experience for me and I enjoyed my luncheon wih my family. ;) Thinking of planning a trip with my mom and my friends later.. :)

Thanks Zhafran for being a good sport along the way.. :P Good boy!

Menu:
Landak Masak Lemak Cili Padi
Rusa Masak Kicap
Baung Masak Cili
Ayam Kampung Berempah
Udang Goreng Berempah
Ulam + Tempoyak Sambal Belacan
RM140 (after discount RM4)

Food: A-
Service: B+
Price: B- **Considering the authenticity and exotic food. Still ok.
Food Portion: A
Ambience: B+
Overall: B+

Selera Rimba Ala Banjar/Jawa
Hamka B Jaafar
Kg Belia 2, Jln Sg Panjang,
45300, Sg Besar, Selangor.
Tel: 016 316 0344
Operating hours:
11.00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Friday off)
Coordinates: 3°42'32"N 101°10'33"E


1 comment:

  1. Wow, it must be the nicest thing to do, the exotic food. You said it took you just 1.5 hours to get there. Can you tell me the way to get there from KL. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete