Saturday, November 14, 2009

EMTC dinner party @ Westin

After hours of flipping coin - going or not going. Finally, I decided, why not? :) It was held in Westin Grand Ballroom. Very nice ambience and great lighting indeed. I hesitated when I walked into the hall. I was a little late since it started at 6:30 p.m. and I reached there around 7:30 p.m. so I missed out the cocktail and photography session. The door gift on the other hand is just - "useful" ?. Screw driver + torch light - well, you expect that from Exxon. I love it! No kidding! Haha!

As for the food, overall it was ok. Fancy dishes, served after one another and served by the servers was just nice. Nothing too great about the food. It was ok. You'd expect that from hotels. **Too much hotel food till it makes no difference** :( On the perfomance wise, I think it was great! EMIT are well known for being creative and sporting when it comes to performing on stage. Actually it was the event that we are looking forward to. However, this year, big disappointment from the leadership team. They didn't perform anything. As usual, every year, we are anticipating it. They came up looking like Monroe or Haitian warriors with pride. Love it! But this year, nothing. It's a bummer not to have our lovely AA performance as well. They're cool, hip and very young at heart! Bummer! I hope next year, it'll be different.

I am on-call for the week so my boss received a call earlier and was so worried if it was a problem call. So I hurriedly log on to my laptop in the parking lot and get connected. No P1, no calls and lastly I called up the HCC to confirm that if there's any calls made to our team. Luckily, no calls from them and my boss gave green light to get into the party again! Haha! I missed out 1-2 performance and sadly it was the winner. I hope they recorded it somewhere. *Keeps finger crossed*

Overall, the committee did a great job all year round with wonderful events and the dinner party was just classy indeed. Not all were happy with the concept -Prom Night but it turned out to be a hit! Kudos to all the committee! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment